Be Joyful Always, Pray Continually

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hanging out, Class Reunion, and Lexie's first cereal!

My folks are back in town with the motorhome...which means new and exciting things to keep the girls busy!
Like washing the motorhome!

Papa is making sure they get the wheels nice and clean!
I started Allie in "preschool" here at home. We work about three times a week on math and reading activities. Here she is working hard at counting and coloring shapes.

And while we have "school", Aubrey entertains us!
Quality time with Papa
If planning my class reunion wasn't enough hard work and stress...I decided to bake and decorate the cake! It was a red velvet and white marbled cake with homemade buttercream frosting. Believe it or not, this was my first attempt at frosting and decorating a real cake, not just a birthday cake. I baked in at home in Milwaukee then drove it to Saginaw, MI and frosted and decorated it in my hotel room Saturday morning! My mom was there to guide me...I've been watching her do this for many many years and she let me have her decorating supplies so I can do this myself now.


The display table...we also added two football jerseys and a lettermans coat. It was fun to look through the yearbooks!
The room before the fun began
The other half of the room with the projector and a photo slide show (and my friend Bob fixing my slide show presentation...who knew switching from a PC to Apple would screw things up?? Last minute stress that was not needed!!)
Tiny group shot of us on Friday night at the Pig Roast
Another tiny shot of us enjoying the fellowship at the reunion. All in all, the reunion went really well. It's kinda like planning a wedding--you plan and plan for a year and it's all over within a few hours! Well worth it.
Sleeping Lexie...too cute to not take a gazillon pictures!

Yes, she likes to suck her thumb!
The highlight of the week...trash day! The girls love to watch out the window while our trash gets picked up. It's even better when they get a wave from the guys!

Getting ready to try cereal for the first time!

Not too sure about this...
I do like to smile at Mom though!
I didn't really get much into my tummy...maybe the next try I'll do better!

No comments: